Package £100k – £120k + Bonus + Car + Pension
Territory – UK
A leading building supplies company of around 200 staff, with revenues in excess of £250m is looking to hire a commercial and strategic Sales Director to sell to the roofing and Construction Industry.
The appointed candidate will hold the position of company Director providing leadership, working within the framework of the larger pan-European Group with full accountability for the commercial performance of the company.
- The Role – Sales Director
To exceed the Group’s commercial expectations.
- Set and deliver the annual Sales target/budget and develop a Commercial Business Plan.
- Ensure full commercial compliance under prevailing legal rules.
- Provide strong leadership and commercial example to the team (including remote area sales managers) through support, governance and development of individual team members.
- Provide sound strategy and management to create and run the perfect commercial team structure to achieve the Commercial Business Plan.
- HSE and Compliance Leadership to support European Group Strategy.The Person & Skills – Sales Director
- Strategic business acumen and commercial awareness
- Excellent Commercial and Sales Leadership
- Impressive personal sales track record
- Knowledge of legal commercial compliance
- Identify and gain Divisional stakeholder engagement and support
- Provide strong commercial direction (KPI and target-setting and review) to the sales managers, technicians and consultants
- Create and maintain a culture of positive action within all staff in a highly motivated environment
- Play an active role in the overall development and strategy of the business
- Create a centre of excellence through a combination of expertise, people-development, delivery and the ability to build strong relationships with Customers and within the Division
- Knowledge of the building industry is essential