John Charles Associates Ltd are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Policy key definitions:
- “I”, “our”, “us”, or “we” refer to the business, John Charles Associates Ltd.
- “you”, “the user” refer to the person(s) using this website or sending us your details
- GDPR means General Data Protection Act.
- PECR means Privacy & Electronic Communications Regulation.
- ICO means Information Commissioner’s Office.
- Cookies mean small files stored on a user’s computer or device.
Processing of your personal data
Under the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) we control and / or process any personal information about you electronically using the following lawful bases.
Lawful basis: Legitimate interests
he reason we use this basis: We offer work finding services and you are seeking work
We process your information in the following ways: We will collect your personal data and will process your personal data for the purposes of providing you with work-finding services either for live current opportunities or future positions. This includes for example, contacting you about job opportunities, assessing your suitability for those opportunities, updating our databases, putting you forward for job opportunities, arranging payments to you and developing and managing our services and relationship with you and our clients.
Data retention period: 24 months from our last communication with you
Sharing your information: We do share your personal information with our clients but only once we have received your consent to do so.
If, as determined by us, the lawful basis upon which we process your personal information changes, we will notify you about the change and any new lawful basis to be used if required. We shall stop processing your personal information if the lawful basis used is no longer relevant.
Your individual rights
Under the GDPR your rights are as follows:
- the right to be informed;
- the right of access;
- the right to rectification;
- the right to erasure;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to object; and
- the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
You also have the right to complain to the ICO www.ico.org.uk if you feel there is a problem with the way we are handling your data.
All requests for information or a copy of your personal data should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you wish to complain about this privacy notice or any of the procedures set out in it please send an email to email@example.com
Some cookies are required to enjoy and use the full functionality of this website.
Cookies that we use are;
- Google Analytics
Data security and protection
We ensure the security of any personal information we hold by using secure data storage technologies and precise procedures in how we store, access and manage that information. Our methods meet the GDPR compliance requirement.
Emails & CRM Database Management
Under the GDPR we use the consent lawful basis for anyone sending in their CV or personal data via email. We only collect certain data about you, as detailed in the “Processing of your personal data” above. Any email messages we send are done so through an internal CRM software which is where this data is stored.
Our CRM provider is; Microdec RPM. We may hold the following information about you within our CRM system;
- Date of birth
- Contact details, including telephone number, email address and postal address
- Experience, training and qualifications
- National insurance number
- Proof of Eligibility to work in the UK eg. Passport / Birth Certificate / Visa
Resources & further information